Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 14 of 14

Thread: Dyno sheet *pic

  1. #11
    Inactive Member BlownGSr's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 15th, 2002
    Posts
    94
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by defconsc:
    BLOWNGSR,

    I'm from T.O as well, what part of t.o are you in??
    Where did you get your dyno done???
    I'm prob. tuning my car on the dyno soon...

    defconsc
    </font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

    hey Im located in toronto
    I think I've seen your screen name on toronto integras website
    btw I got my dyno at dynopower

  2. #12
    Inactive Member reddelsol's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 31st, 2000
    Posts
    447
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Giant exhaust is not the key on a JRSC powered car... I make 240 HP to the wheels at 9psi and I use a Tanabe Racing Medallion full cat back... which is only 60mm in diameter (2 3/8")... not to mention that I use a DC Sports 4-2-1 header with a collector just shy of 2" !!!
    </font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

    Just curious, do you have a cat or test pipe in that set-up?

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ September 20, 2002 08:21 PM: Message edited by: reddelsol ]</font>

  3. #13
    Senior Hostboard Member JRCivic's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2000
    Posts
    3,835
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I have a REALLY FREE FLOWING Cat...
    Funny thing: a few years back I was getting some overheating issues along with poor performance once the car warmed up. I suspected the cat may be stopped up, so I removed it to take a look inside. To my surprise, guess what I saw when I looked into the mouth of the cat ??? WHATEVER I POINTED THE OTHER END AT !!! heheheh

    Apparently, someone who owned the car before me made a "test pipe" that looks like a cat on the outside. There is no pipe running through the middle: just the removal of the catalyst medium and the screens.

    And for all of those that want to jump in and say "I thought you would get really turbulent exhaust flow by hollowing one out"... well, so did I. But it appears that this does NOT seem to pose a problem.

  4. #14
    Inactive Member BlownSOL's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2000
    Posts
    244
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yeah, very nice number, 240whp, which is roughly 15-20 hp more than than the avg 8psi GSR setup. However, Jim does have a tuning advantage, it is his profession! It would be difficult for him to sell his services just because he is a nice guy.
    You should also take into consideration that Jim's car does not turn an A/C or P/S belt, couple that with his skillz and a very free flowing cat and walla, you have an extra 15-20whp!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •